- Part 1: What are the problems?
Part 2: What are the causes?
- Chapter 3: Analysing the causes of health problems and socially determined health
- Chapter 4: Environmental health
- Chapter 5: Nutrition
- Chapter 6: Important health problems and their causes
Part 3: What are the solutions?
- Chapter 7: Responding to health risks
- Chapter 8: The governance and organisation of healthcare in South Africa
- Chapter 9: Access to healthcare
- Chapter 10: Finance and procurement
- Chapter 11: Health information systems
- Chapter 12: The health workforce
- Chapter 13: Approaches to difficult problems
Part 4: How well are the solutions working and can we do better?
- Chapter 14: Measuring the performance of health services and programmes
- Chapter 15: Improving the performance of health services and programmes