Intrapartum Care was developed for doctors and advanced midwives who care for women who deliver in district hospitals. It contains theory chapters and skills workshops adapted from the labour chapters of Maternal Care.
- monitoring the condition of the mother during the first stage of labour
- monitoring the condition of the fetus during the first stage of labour
- monitoring and management of the first stage of labour
- the second stage of labour
- the third stage of labour
- managing pain during labour
- the puerperium
- family planning during pregnancy
Intrapartum Care was written to support and complement the national protocol of intrapartum care in South Africa.
Pages 164 | Last updated 18 May 2010